Tuesday, May 10, 2011

#1571 at Kathi's Corner

Hi friends! I have determined that spring is not my favorite season. Instead causing a surge of energy that results in a flurry of positive activities, spring fever knocks me into a hole that is dark and kind of hard to climb to climb out of.

Yup. With no mojo and little ambition, I have been in a funk these past few weeks.

No. My life has not been all bad. In fact, aspects of it have been wonderful, as my family and I have celebrated birthdays (Mathias turned six on April 11 with Grandpa turning 62 the very next day), Easter, and most recently, Mother's Day. It's all good in the family department, and there is not a day that goes by that I don not realize how truly blessed I am.

My funk has had more to do with expectations. With the new job I started in January, I anticipated a lot more time to get things done not taking into consideration I am no spring chicken and that staying up all night three days a week might leave me weary for a day or two or three... LOL. Kinda. Management, too, messed with the process and deemed quantity to be more important than quality. For a perfectionist who deems to do more than take mediocre photos of electronic components, the changes have not exactly been embraced. Thus, I'm not loving this new job that is leaving me feeling like I've been run over by a semi on Saturdays.

OK. So I have realized that, all things considered, I am not going to make great strides with regard to some of the things I want to do. Rather, I will have to settle for baby steps. That will be alright just so long as I keep moving forward.

Now about this blog. You know how it's fun to change things up a little once in a while? Well, due to the way this blog is configured and changes Blogger has made over the course of the past couple of years, I cannot make the alterationsI want to make without going through 1,570 posts and resizing the photographs. Ugh! And I'm not gonna do it! Instead, I am moving and invite you to visit me at Paper Past Times, Etc. (www.kathicarlson.blogspot.com).

If you follow me here (via My Followers or Google Reader), I hope you will follow me there and let me know what you think of the new look/format. You will notice the new blog is much simpler - no muss, fuss, side bars, or stat counters. It suits what I want to do, which is simply to share what I can when I can.

Are you with me? I hope so, because I'm back with you and anxious to resume visiting and commenting on your posts. I've missed you.

Oh, and I made a card today! You can see it here.




 

2 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Kathi, sorry you are in a funk. I hate when that happens to me. You always brighten my day when I see that you have visited my blog. You know just the right words to say to say to put a smile on my face and I bet others feel the same way. I hope this dark cloud passes soon. Maybe it's allergies. I love your card and am heading over to your knew blog.

Sheila H said...

I hope your mood brightens soon. I'm going to the new blog.