Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dream, Inspire, Create

I'll have to admit that I don't spend an excessive amount of time dreaming anymore. In fact, I spent a little bit of time thinking about it around the time of my birthday last month and came to the conclusion that, for the most part, I'm living the life I dreamt of when I was younger. I have everything I believe to be important. Most of the dreams I have now are not for myself but for my children and grandchildren, that they someday have what I have and that the world they live in is a good one. As for creating, I do that . . . a lot. It's my therapy, making the real life stuff a little easier to bear. About inspiring . . . I hope so, because that's what this silly blog is all about.

The card is my take on Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #59. I'm still drooling over Close To My Heart's new colors and double-sided patterned paper. So pretty! With regard to card construction, I can't think of much to say with the exception that I used a Stampin' Up Build-A-Brad for my flower center. Fun!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Sorbet, and Cocoa cardstock; Perfect Day paper packet; Cocoa ink pad; Inspiration stamp set; Just Blooms Big Pinks; Stampin' Up Build-A-Brad; 1/2-inch circle punch; Fiskars Sunburst border punch.

As has become my Saturday tradition, I got up early this morning. However, I can't seem to get focused. Torn between chores and playing, I work for 20 minutes and then stamp for 20 minutes. It's not very productive, particularly in light of the fact that I keep starting new projects before finishing anything. Presently, I'm consumed by hunger pangs, so I'm going to go grab something to eat. Perhaps a little nourishment will provide me with the ability to concentrate on something. I hope you're having a great weekend. I'll catch you later . . .

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Kathi, you are always an inspiration to me. I am so glad you post daily (much better than I do) on your blog. I check you out on a daily basis, sometimes twice to see if you have added anything new.

I love your simply beautiful cards, not to mention the parts of your life you share with us.

So I am thanking you very much for all the inspiration as well as the chuckles as you go thoughout your day.

Alanna said...

I agree with Kathy. I discovered your blog a couple of weeks ago and have been faithfully checking it every day, and often times more than once per day. This card is simply wonderful.

Tammy said...

I, too, check your blog daily. This card is beautiful. I think I wanna try that layout. Thanks so much for your consistent, wonderful ideas.

Beate said...

Wow! Beautiful card, Kathi. I love it. Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles