Saturday, October 4, 2008

More Merry & Bright

Here's my take on the sketch for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #36. Isn't that little elf cute? He's one of four cute elves in CTMH's new Merry Pursuits set. While it was pretty much a "gotta have" as soon as I saw the new catalog, it was cute cards like this one on Laurel's want2scrap blog that clinched the deal. Because the images are small, they are perfect for coloring with markers, too, making them quick and easy - just right for the busy holiday season!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Cranberry cardstock; Evensong Creative Basics Collection; Black and Cranberry stamp pads; Garden Green, Cranberry, and Tombow Flesh markers; Merry Pursuits and Evergreen stamp sets; Ribbon from Walmart; Red spiral clip; Cuttlebug w/ Nestabilities Classic Circles set.

I'm starting to think these holiday cards are kind of fun. Yeah, to have Christmas, we Minnesotans have to have cold and snow. I kind of dread it. Our cold is sometimes really cold. Nevertheless, Christmas and all that it means makes it worthwhile.

It's quiet around here this evening. Marv has called a couple of times. He's a lot perkier than I am tonight, which is a good thing. I hope your day was great and that you had the opportunity to enjoy National Card Making Day in some way. Until tomorrow, thanks for stopping and as always, take care.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Adorable! Love those little guys. The paper is so festive. Very well done! And Laurel's card is so cute too....I checked the link...like I always do when you provide one. Ü

Laurel said...

Super job with the sketch! I love those little guys!

Alanna said...

That elf is just so darn cute. And I love it paired with the creative basics collection.

Anne said...

I absolutely LOVE this card! I was really thinking about the elves, and this card just may have sealed the deal for me :0)

Taylor said...

So cute, Kathi! I love that adorable elf image!