Friday, November 14, 2008

It's That Time of the Week

For sketch challenges, that is. This evening's card is my rendition of Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #62. I love this little snowman embossing folder, and he sure made the card easy.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, New England Ivy, and Cranberry cardstock; Evensong Creative Basics Collection; Cranberry ink pad; Impression Obsessions Sentiments II stamp set; Cuttlebug w/Winter Jelly embossing folder; Cranberry gingham ribbon; Cranberry Bigger Brads and mini brads; Stampin' Up Word Window punch; Sanding block.

I didn't post last night even though I got home from the benefit relatively early. When I sat down in my corner, I just could make anything happen. I hope the sketch challenges this weekend help me get my mojo back. I think this time of year gets me down. The weather is turning cold. The skies have been gray. Winter is coming. Simply said, I don't like it, and every year, it seems like it takes longer and longer for me to get used to the idea that I'm going to be cold for several (maybe many) months. I also have a cold, so I haven't slept well the past couple of nights. My deer slayer is gone until Sunday night, so it's quiet. In addition to a few household projects, I want to spend some time with Cameron and the boys this weekend. I ended up baking my bars for the benefit early Thursday morning with a couple of little helpers. Maybe I'll have them over tomorrow afternoon to bake some cookies that they can actually eat once they're done. For tonight, I'm going to put on something snuggly and take it easy. I hope you have a great weekend. I'll most likely be coming up with something more to show you, so if you get a chance, stop back. Until then, take care.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Cool card. I went to make several cards with paper only to find out that I was out of Cranberry CS and the red CS I had just didn't go. Hope you feel better soon.

Laurel said...

Cute card, love the embossed snowman!

Jeanne said...

Very cute! Hopefully you'll be feeling better today and will get a boys "fix" to help ease whatever ails you. Ü