Friday, November 7, 2008

So Thankful for You

Here's Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #65 along with my take on this fun sketch. Although there are times when I find a sketch more challenging than desirable, I, for the most part, really look forward to them and am grateful to those who take the time to offer them. For me, they are a great way to "jump start" the weekend.

For this particular sketch, I had an immediate "vision" and knew what I wanted to do. First, I was in the mood to color and had the Pumpkins and Sunflowers image in mind for a Thanksgiving card. I also wanted to use my recently acquired Autumn Type embossing folder. Notice how I added my background paper to the cardstock before I embossed it. It has an embedded look, which is kind of cool. I colored my image with Prismacolor pencils. One more thing, my image was stamped with the Memento Tuxedo Black ink that I've been hearing so much about. By Tsukineko, it's a dye-based ink that is fade and water resistant and reputed to work great with even the most detailed images.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Chocolate, and Autumn Terracotta cardstock; Abundance paper packet; CTMH Autumn Terracotta and Chocolate ink pads; Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad; Whipper Snapper Designs Pumpkins & Sunflowers stamp and Verve Stamps So Happy stamp set; Stampin' Up buttons; Prismacolor colored pencils; Cuttlebug w/Autumn Type embossing folder and Nestabilities Classic Circles set.

While I'm not sure why, I am really tired tonight. Perhaps, it's due to the fact that it's been so darned gloomy for the past few days. I glanced outside a few minutes ago and at first, thought there was snow on the ground. Then I realized that it had actually/finally stopped raining and that what I thought was snow was dry spots on the pavement in the parking lot. While I can't believe I'm saying this, bright snow would be preferable to cold, gray drizzle. Sunshine would be preferable to any of it! Perhaps tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, I'm going to stamp as much as I want to this weekend, so most likely, you'll be seeing more. Until then, take care and enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow...you got that embossing folder FAST! Love it! And thanks for the tip about putting the dp down before running it through the Cuttlebug. The card looks terrific!

Sylvia said...

Good Morning Kathi! Card is great. That is a neat tip about putting B&T paper through the Cuttlebug. I agree with you, bright snow is better than gray drizzle and that is what we have now.

Dori Shelton said...

Great card! Love the colors and the pattern paper.

Colette said...

I love how you slipped that embossing folder through after layering the b&t. Super cute card! Thanks for sharing.

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Your card is fabulous! Love that embossing tip.