Monday, December 15, 2008

Saved by the Sketch

If it weren't for sketches, there'd be no cards at all these days. Whether it is the frigid weather or pressures of the impending holidays, I'm currently running low on mojo. As for using the same set of stamps over and over, it's out on my desk and thus, requires less effort than looking around for something new/different to use. LOL. Besides, I love this stamp set; I'm a little burned out on Christmas cards; and because they represent COLD, I don't feel like messing around with snowflake stamps right now either. This card is my take on Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #46.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Black, Bamboo, and Desert Sand cardstock; Silhouettes Creative Basics Collection; Black and Bamboo ink pads; Bamboo marker; Flourishes Coffee with Friends stamp set; Antiqued Copper mini brads; Fiskars Sunburst border punch; Stampin' Up Photo Corners punch; Sponge dauber.

It's cold outside, as in it's supposed to get down to under 30 below tonight. I should be out shopping, and instead, I'm at home where I plan to put on some warm pajamas and jump into bed with a book. Tomorrow is another day. Wherever you are, whether the temperature is balmy or frigid, I hope your heart is warm and you have a good week. Most likely, my mojo will return, and I'll be stopping by my corner. Hope you do, too!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

I so love this! Keep on inspiring me!

Stampin n da Hood said...

I just LOVE that Flourish Coffee set!
and of course your stamples!!!!!

I sooo hope we get a set like that SOON!

Jeanne said...

Saved? I think you would be able to create a gorgeous card like this all on your own~that's how talented you are!

Got your email, thanks! Hope things have settled down.

Your 30 below is much more impressive than our nineteen below, except for the fact that we rarely get "that" cold!

Stay warm and safe!

Taylor said...

Sooo cute, Kathi! I love the simple black and cream color combo! Thanks for playing the TE sketch challenge!

Carolyn said...

I love the card! The scallop! :)

Stacy said...

Lovin it! Hope you don't mind if I case this idea :)