Thursday, April 23, 2009

Something Fun ...

After going back to find the link to the cards that inspired me, I almost hate to show it to you. Beth's cards posted by her friend LeAnne on her Wee Inkling blog are just too darned cute. I especially love her tulips created with punches.

Anyhoo, a link on LeAnne's blog led me to this tutorial, and I went from there, putzing around until I got a card I deemed presentable. It certainly took long enough, as I pretty much killed the evening on this one. LOL. I used a favorite stamp set, Cottage Floral, and bright color combination - Sunflower, Cranberry, Dutch Blue, and Topiary. I did change the template a bit by cutting 1/2-inch off the "rim" of the pot. It needed to be shortened up after I opted not to use a border punch.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Brown Bag, Sunflower, and Topiary cardstock; Brown Bag, Sunflower, Cocoa, Topiary, Dutch Blue, and Cranberry ink pads; CTMH Cottage Floral, Spot On Backgrounds, and Happy Birthday and Papertrey Ink Birthday Basics stamp sets; Button from my stash; Natural twill ribbon; Tag punch; Cuttlebug with Distressed Stripes embossing folder; Sponge dauber; 3M foam mounting tape.

Did you have a good day? I hope so. Mine was OK, although I'll have to say I'm glad for the long weekend. Marv and I talked earlier about going over to Grand Forks tomorrow to do some shopping but haven't made any concrete plans. We'll see. For tonight, I'm going to bed. Enjoy Friday! I'll talk to you then.

7 comments:

Alanna said...

This is so darling Kathi. I love all the bold colors and that stamp set is one of my faves. You get an A+++ from me for this creation.

Laurel said...

This is great! Maybe this weekend I'll pull out that stamp set, thanks for the awesome inspirtation.

Dena said...

This is very cute! I've seen a lot of these flower pot cards lately...I guess you can tell it's Spring! TFS and I love visiting your blog.

Carolyn said...

How gorgeous is that! What a darling card!

Jeanne said...

Kathi! We so think alike! I have been wanting to try my hand at this project and here, you beat me to it! I love those flowers...the pot...heck everything about it. Super job!!

Enjoy your day...whatever you decide to do to fill it!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just too cute! I love that stamps set too.

Sarah said...

This is so darling!
I made a flower pot card a while back ( my own design with stems and everything)..but it wasn't as cute as this! Jeanne advised me that I didn't have to actually eat the suckers to get the sucker sticks LOL