Tuesday, September 4, 2007

As Bjorn would say, "Just a widdle bit . . ."

Well, I made a little headway cleaning up my stamp area. I also realized while in my corner that I needed a few thank you cards. With the realization that I didn't have time to do a lot of stamping (and heaven forbid, I look for cards amongst the hundreds I already have), I brought my Cuttlebug up from its storage spot and grabbed a couple of embossing folders. While I hadn't intended to sand the blue cardstock, I was forced to, as after sandwiching the cardstock between sheets of copy paper to prevent it, the cardstock "cracked" in a few places and the white core showed. After sanding, however, the results pleased me so I've deemed them "good enough" to send. I dressed up the blue cards with white paper flowers and yellow brads and decided the white and black one could stand on its own, because the design is so elegant. Should I ever get talked into (or worse/dumber yet, volunteer) to making wedding invitations again, I'd love to incorporate that embossing folder in some way. Dry embossing 250 invitations by hand creates blisters - I've done it twice. Turning the crank on the Cuttlebug as many times would be a snap, which is what I love about that little machine.

No comments: