Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Flexability

These are not the sympathy cards I mentioned that I needed to make earlier in the week but instead a few more cards made with October's SOTM, Magical Season. This set is growing on me with the stamp I liked the least of the lot - the tree - turning out to be one of which I'm rather fond. I colored the tree with ink and a blending pen and now wish I'd done that with the others as well. While you can probably see the glitter on the punched stars, you might not be able to make out the Liquid Applique "snow" under the sleigh.

Now that I've made a few samples with this set, I might just get to those sympathy cards - and maybe not . . . My "honey do" list I talked about Sunday evening didn't fly with Marv either . . . for good reason (I guess). We have a move out this weekend, and he's got another apartment that has to be painted right away. It's kind of like the old story about the cobbler's children having no shoes. Oh well, perhaps if I take the draperies and wall hangings down and do all of the prep work, it will be sooner rather than later. We'll see. If there's one thing I've learned, it's to be flexible and go with the flow. Some things just aren't worth getting too excited about.

No comments: