Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Picnic

We're invited to a picnic at my mom's house today. Cameron and the boys are going with, and at least some of my siblings will be there. I'm bringing a salad. The recipe is one that I'm including in the Autumn recipe tag book that I'm working on. I thought I'd share. It's by far the best thing one can do with ramen noodles!
Cashew Coleslaw
4 3-oz pkgs. Oriental-flavored ramen noodles with seasoning packets
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
2 Tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 16-oz. pkgs. coleslaw mix
3/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
3/4 cup cashews
1 bunch green onions, chopped
Coarsely crush noodles; set aside. Melt butter in a small skillet; saute noodles for two minutes. Add sesame seed; heat until golden, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; let cool; cover in airtight container and refrigerate. Combine seasoning packets from ramen noodles with sugar, vinegar, oil, and pepper in in large serving bowl; add coleslaw mix, tossing well. Cover and refrigerate. To serve, combine ramen noodles, coleslaw mixture, peanuts, cashews and onion together; toss gently. Serves 12 to 16.
Happy Labor Day!
It's the last "day off" holiday before Thanksgiving

No comments: