Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Catching Up . . .

Blogger is having issues with photos again, so once again, I'll write first and post the photo later.

Catching up, Marv, Bjorn, Mathias, and I went to Beltrami on Saturday to visit with my brother and his family from the Twin Cities as well as other family members who came by while we were at my mom's house. Rob's kids have grown so much since I've seen them. They're delightful kids - friendly, polite, typical of their ages - Grant is 13 and Olivia (shame on me) is either nine or 10. As I spent a good portion of my time chasing after two and three-year-olds, I didn't get to visit as much as I would have liked, but they hadn't seen the boys since they were one and two, so I'm glad we had them with us. My mom put out, what to me, was an unbelievable spread of baked goods in the afternoon, and little Bjorn had to have one of everything and more than one of some. That one's got a sweet tooth. As it was such a nice day, the boys got quite a bit of fresh air, which may explain why, even with all that sugar in them, they fell asleep on the way home and didn't wake until Sunday morning.

Sunday, Cameron joined his sons and his dad and me until it was time to take the boys to their mother's house. In the evening, I had stamp club. The photo is one of the cards we made this month - almost. While making the Santa (October Stamp of the Month) card, I used the last of the Liquid Applique I had on hand. That was kind of a bummer. As I told my stampers, the scalloped circle on the Thanksgiving card was cut with my Cricut (Mini Monograms cartridge). If you don't have a Cricut, there are several companies that make scalloped punches. While the cards were simple (same sketch reversed), club members got to use the new Edge Anchors. I really like them, and they're easy to use - easier yet, probably, if I'd remember to get a new piercing tool, one that doesn't have a bent tip!

Evidently, stamp club (or the weekend as a whole) provided too much excitement for me, as I had a heck of a time getting to sleep Sunday night. That resulted in my "napping" last evening and then wandering around until the wee hours of the morning again. I tell this story every week. Is there a pattern developing here? Tonight, I'm dead tired tonight, too, but I'm determined to keep my head off the pillow until a time when I will go to bed and stay there. After taking care of a little communication chore, I'm hoping to make my way back to Kathi's Corner and stamp a little more tonight. Thus, later!

No comments: