Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Creative Drought

I made a card! Usually, it's not a big deal, but today, I feel like it is. I couldn't have stamped yesterday if my life had depended on it. It's not that I didn't try, because I did - multiple times. Nothing worked out. It was like I couldn't figure out what to do with anything.

The idea for this card was copied from another Close To My Heart consultant, who obviously has had a much easier time figuring out what to do with the Legendary Moments stamp set than I have. The fact that it isn't original (few are, actually) doesn't bother me. At least I stamped something.

The background paper is from the Free Spirit set. I love the paper, but most of it is big, bold and bright, which presents me with a bit of a challenge. The coordinating cardstock colors for this paper set are Honey, Indian Corn Blue, and Cocoa. The flowers are Just Blooms from the Autumn Sunflower collection. The stems are Chocolate Waxy Flax.

Now that I've made a card, I'm going to go spend some time with Bjorn and Mathias before their mommy comes to get them. Mathias appears to be getting a cold - 'tis the season, I suppose. Later!

No comments: