Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Little Project

Here's a fun project that I've been seeing on other blogs and websites. It's a photo wallet that would be great for holding school pictures or wallet-size studio portraits. A tutorial with photos can be found on the Splitcoast website. It would make a great little gift for grandmas and grandpas, godparents, or a special someone. I decided on a fall theme, using Goldrush, Sunflower, Barn Red and Autumn Terracotta papers and inks. I stamped all of the cardstocks with different stamps from the Weathered Background set. The multi-colored leaves from Nature's vein were done using the stamp rolling technique. I used Desert Sand to stamp the veins of the leaves and the corner flourish (second generation) from the Legendary Moments set. The scalloped edge on the outside band was done with a corner rounder. That about covers it. It was quick and easy with the exception of cutting out all of those leaves. Once I find some appropriate photos, I'll probably add a little something extra to those pages and perhaps some type of sentiments to the "journaling" pages. It will all depend on what photographs I come up with. Before I do another - maybe in a Christmas theme - I'll try to have the photos first.

I left work early today, and Marv and I took the boys to the Halloween party at the Armory. Bjorn, however, would not wear his Spiderman costume, so he went as himself with Grandpa carrying his costume in case he changed his mind. Trick or Treaking was short. We went to Marv's brother's house, and that was it. Mathias fell asleep as we were driving to Marv's parent's house, and we didn't have the heart to wake him. Regardless, I think they had fun anyway. It doesn't take a lot to amuse two and three-year-olds. With Halloween behind us, we'll start thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas. Already last night, they were putting out Christmas decorations at WalMart, and I noticed Christmas items were being placed in a window display at the downtown Hallmark store this afternoon. 'Tis the season . . .

No comments: