Thursday, November 1, 2007

So-So

It just wasn't my night in Kathi's Corner. The first card I tried ended up in the wastepaper basket. I was inspired by the great "Autumn Inspired" cards on the awesome Twisted Chick Creations blog. Needless to say, my card did not turn out like any one of hers. My moon and tree were fine. It my the sponged sky that turned out butt ugly. I used Moonstruck and Pansy Purple inks and it came out looking like mud. All I ended up with were inky fingers. With leaves left over from last night's project, I made this card, which isn't exactly ugly, just blah. I don't know if it would look better with the colors reversed or if I should have used different colors all together. Usually, when a card is "going south," I can come up with an idea to fix it. Not tonight. I wanted a jute bow but couldn't get a decent looking one to save by backside. I went through all my ribbon. It either matched too well or not at all. As a result, I've got a half-dozen pre-made bows on my desk. The Cocoa gingham was the best choice, and it's not great. The buttons I had in my stash didn't work either. The moral of the story is: you win some, you lose some. I'll just send this card to someone who doesn't stamp!! There's also the old adage, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again," which is exactly what I plan to do this weekend. With Marv hunting, I anticipate a quiet weekend. After a busy week, quiet will be welcome.

No comments: