Thursday, November 8, 2007

Box It, Bag It, Tag It

I thought I'd have more time to stamp tonight, but dear husband needed me to do some graphic design-type stuff on the computer this evening - something he needed pronto. It involved making some signs, so I used cardstock, some mounting board, spray adhesive, an X-acto knife, my cutting board, etc. I made the remark that he's just lucky I have all this "stuff." His reply was that it would have been cheaper for him to have gone to a print shop. Yea, and like he would have found a graphic artist willing to make his darned signs "right now" at 6:30 p.m.

Here are a couple of quick projects. I chose non-traditional colors for the gabled box, which would be great to hold cookies, candy, or any gift that would fit in a 6 by 4 by 4-inch box. The colors I used were Crystal Blue, Heavenly Blue, Petal, and a little bit of Sweet Leaf on the snowmen's caps.

The bag is filled with Hershey Kisses, tied with red and green curly ribbon, and finished with a handmade tag colored in colors that coordinate with the ribbon. I purchase my gusseted cellophane bags, clear envelopes for cards, 12-1/2 by 12-1/2 inch bags for storing cardstock, etc. from Impact Images. While this company's prices are right, items are sold in bulk (usually a minimum lot of 100), so it's a good idea to put together an order with a friend or two. I note that the source I usually purchase cable boxes from has discontinued them. Doing a quick search, I came up with buygiftbox.com. As I have not done business with this company, this is not a recommendation. However, it appears that it sells these boxes individually and that the prices are reasonable. Looking at the website a little more, I see that in addition to a lot of different boxes, buygiftbox.com sells all kinds of wrapping paper, pull bows, tissue paper in every color under the sun, and gift bags.

Before someone leaves me a message that says, "Enough already," I am going to put my beloved Snow Friends stamp set away for a while and maybe even get off the Christmas kick for at least a couple of days. Look for something different over the weekend. Until then, thanks for stopping!

No comments: