Friday, November 9, 2007

Something Different

Different, easy, and fast. Here's a simple notecard created with the Cuttlebug and a technique I saw on Stampin' Kub's blog. He used chalk ink on his card, so I didn't know if my dye ink pad would work. Much to my delight, it worked like a charm. All you do is rub your ink pad on the negative side of your embossing folder, insert your paper, and run it through your Cuttlebug. For this one, I rubbed the stamp pad in a circular motion. I embossed another piece and rubbed the ink pad back and forth/up and down, which created a different texture that is equally attractive.

I love embossed paper, and I love this card so much that I couldn't bring myself to add a sentiment or anything that would cover up any part of the design. It looks nice. It even feels nice. It's elegant! I chose Sweet Leaf, because I was relatively certain it wouldn't stain my embossing folder. I also had a baby wipe on hand to wipe it off right away. There was no staining, and come to think of it, like my acrylic stamps, would it really matter if it was stained? I can see myself making sets of these to give as gifts. With the beginning of "something different" under my belt, I'm going to bed a happy woman. More tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

Pammie said...

oh oh oh this is wonderful. I am playing this weekend for sure!