Monday, November 19, 2007

Challenge Card

As I've said before, I don't do anything more with Beate's Weekly Challenge cards than make them for my own enjoyment. It's just fun to play around with a new sketch. It's also fun to play with new stamps, and I'm afraid I'm cheatin' again. Today, the mailman brought me three new sets from Impression Obsession - Winter Trees, Holly Set, and Sentiments I. I bought Winter Trees for the trees. I still miss CTMH's Trees of Seasons set, and this is a "replacement" set. Although the holly in the Holly Set is darned cute, I bought this set for the snowflake designs. Anyone who's been reading this blog knows that I take issue with snowflake stamps that have more than six points. That's the way God makes them, and that's the way I want to stamp them. I purchased the word set for a selection of greetings and words that would fit with my Stampin' Up Word Window punch.

As for the card, it's simple. The paper is from an ancient CTMH collection called Contemporary Christmas. There were a couple of cute stamp sets (long ago retired and gone from my stash) that went with it, including a set of six-pointed snowflakes. The colors are White Daisy, Holiday Red, and New England Ivy. I wasn't so nuts about the green circle on the green background so I mounted the circle with foam tape, which makes it a little better.

When I round up some energy, I'm going to create something a little more elaborate . . . just to prove I can. Tonight, I'm mentally and physically exhausted. It was a busy weekend, and today was hectic Monday. It doesn't appear that there's any "second wind" for me tonight.

No comments: