Monday, November 19, 2007

Inspired

Did I use the word "elaborate" in my last post? This is about as elaborate as I get - with regard to layering anyway. I'm counting nine layers, and the card is heavy.

The "story" is that on my way to bed, I stopped by a couple of favorite blogs and was inspired by a color combination and theme I saw on the Twisted Chick Creations blog. Her card is beautiful. I have the same Stampin' Up Craft cardstock, but I don't have Purely Pomegranate and used CTMH's Vineyard Berry instead. I had the best success I've ever had with CTMH's new White Daisy pigment ink. I'm not sure why, perhaps it was the stamps (the new Impression Obsession Holly set) or cardstock, or maybe I was just more patient with the drying process tonight. The cutout snowflake is embossed with long ago retired CTMH Snowflake Tinsel embossing powder. To achieve her sparkle, Michelle used gold Stickles on her snowflake. Why don't I have any Stickles??? When it came to white, Colonial White didn't work, and White Daisy was too stark. Distressing it with my favorite Bamboo ink pad didn't work either. Stippling Desert Sand ink on White Daisy was a better choice. All of the layers weren't planned. They just evolved, and had I not had that center piece "nailed" down, there would probably be one more!

After I finished my card, I took another look at Michelle's. I really like the textured edges on her center piece. I like her Stickles, too. The twill ribbon didn't work on my card, but it sure looks awesome on hers. I didn't have one of those nice brass bookplates, which is probably a good thing. My card is fat enough. Back to the ribbon, my card needs it. Maybe I'll rearrange my sentiment and try a little Vineyard Berry organdy ribbon. Soft ribbon might take the hard edge off that center piece . . . All in all, I had fun with this card and am happy with the results. It really is quite stunning up close and personal.

P.S. I think I was right about the Vineyard Berry ribbon, and I'll go to bed now . . . a happy woman! Later!!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Great card! And I agree, the VB ribbon does it!!!! Love the color scheme too!!