Monday, November 5, 2007

For the Mailman or the Bus Driver or the . . .

Here's a cute idea for those small gifts we all need at holiday time. It's a little clear-top metal tin that holds a dozen Hershey's Nuggets. So popular are these cute little boxes that a very cool stamp company, Papertrey Ink, has a couple of stamp sets - one for Christmas and another for Halloween - that include stamps that fit Avery mailing labels that are the perfect size for wrapping a Nugget. I have had to use some serious self control to keep from ordering one or both of these sets. If I gave more food gifts I would, but I'm too busy stamping to spend much time in the kitchen. So popular are these little tins, too, that I cannot tell you were to find them. I know of a couple of companies, including Papertrey Ink, that expect to have them back in stock at the end of the month. I tried to order 24 from Specialty Bottle only to have my credit card refunded. It is the other company that expects to have stock in late November. I was finally able to get my hands on a dozen from just4funcrafts.com, but I note tonight that it's out of stock, too. Bummer!

I covered my Nuggets with 1 by 3-1/2 inch strips of paper from the Creative Basics - Holiday paper packet. It's a great way to use up scraps. For this one, I added a belly band. The paper strips are 1 and 1-1/4 inch wide and 9-1/2 inches long. I wrapped the band with a 9-1/2 inch piece of Cranberry grosgrain ribbon and topped it off with one of the snowmen from Snow Friends stamped on a 2-inch Colonial White circle and mounted on a 2-1/2 inch Ponderosa Pine scallop circle. If one were to organize their supplies, one could do several of these in an hour's time. The little tins, by the way, measure approximately 3-1/2 by 5-1/2 inches.

Today was Monday, that's for sure. It started with a press release that was prepared several months ago that is scheduled to hit the wire Thursday. It was discovered that a change needed to be made. No big deal with the exception that it had been translated into nine languages and thus, had to go back to nine translators. It didn't stop there, as it turned out another change was required - less serious than the first but bothersome nonetheless. My other project today was doing some copywriting for a magazine insert that is going to the Asian market. Nothing about today would have gotten to me were the time change is still not affecting my sleep patterns. Today, I woke up at 5:30, which would not have been so surprising had I not still been staring at the television at 2 a.m. Maybe I'll have better luck tonight.

Back to the Nugget tins, if I find a stocking source for the tins, I will post it. If not, I'll wait until the end of the month. I wouldn't mind having a few of these on hand for other times of the year, too.

No comments: