Wednesday, November 28, 2007

From My Stash . . .

With no time to stamp and a sale to prepare for, I thought I'd show you something from my stash. This card is made from a covered CD literature folder. They are really fun to use to make mini albums. Three of them make the cutest little book. One makes a cute card. I covered the folder inside and out with designer paper. If the directions were handy, I'd share them. It's not hard, however. A ruler will tell you everything you need to know! I used four coordinating papers and covered the outside first. On the inside cover, I added a mat for a photo, and created a tag for another photo that slides out from underneath.

For a gift, you could either burn favorite photos to the CD - like favorites from the past year for Grandma and Grandpa - or music you've recorded especially for the recipient. A purchased CD or DVD would work, too.

I purchased the folders from Uline, a great company. The only glitch is that it only sell folders in cartons of 125. Thus, I have a 15-year supply! I've had them for a couple of years, so there may be sources now that sell them in lesser quantities. The papers and stamps I used are now retired products from Close To My Heart. Why they're retired, I don't know. All are among my personal favorites!! The "snow" is a torn piece of handmade paper with a little Prisma glitter added to make it glisten. Liquid Applique was used on the snowman's hat, and I cut a circle from an Adhesive Sheet to add Prisma glitter to the round metal tag. I think everything else explains itself. With that, I'd best get to work on sale preparations.

Oh, and by the way, I'm feeling better today. I don't know if it was the mega doses of Vitamin C or my mind-over-matter attitude or a combination of the two. Whatever it was, I'm glad! Later . . .

2 comments:

Stampin n da Hood said...

Cute, Cute, kathi!
Just love "stalking" your blog for eye candy!

EmileeAnn said...

Very cute, Kathi!