Thursday, November 29, 2007

Prettier in Person

I give. If I took one, I took 30 photos of this card, and I simply cannot get it right. You'll just have to take my word on the fact that this card is prettier in person. The snowflakes (from Impression Obsession's Holly Set) were stamped first in Cranberry and then with White Daisy pigment ink slightly offset from the first image to create a shadow affect. Stampin' Up punches and Cranberry and White Daisy brads were used to create the finishing touches - the Word Window punch for the sentiment pieces and the Photo Corners punch. It took me much longer to try to get a decent photo than it did to take the card. Ugh!! How do I sometimes spell frustration? C-A-M-E-R-A. I have a half dozen or more books on photography. Perhaps I'll sit down and read them this winter or better yet, find a photography class to take. Later!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Kathi - I totally get your frustration! It's so hard to get a good picture sometimes of certain cards/layouts. I fight it a lot myself. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't.

I really like this card.

Unknown said...

Kathi this is a great card.

Jeanne said...

I really like this card and can certainly tell it's a beauty. Great job! I'm sorry you were frustrated in getting a picture of it. That's not fun! I'm no photographer really, but I wonder if you tried taking a picture with a white background instead of red if it might showcase the card better? The reds might be "competing" with each other? I don't know. I do know that I really like the card though!

Anonymous said...

Kathi, beautiful card as usual. Wondering where you got the punch you used on the phrase? Thanks!

Regina in VA