Saturday, November 10, 2007

Just a Jar

While this was a new jar from you know where, a clean, used jar could certainly be used for this project. This particular jar has six sides to which I added six 1-1/8 by 3-5/8 inch strips of paper from the soon-to-be-my-favorite Life Delights paper packet. I was going to round the corners but due to the narrow width of the strips, I deemed the corner rounder would leave them too round. Thus, I opted to use my Stampin' Up Ticket punch. I adhered the strips to the jar with adhesive from a Xyron Create-a-Sticker. The adhesive is repositionable, which I'll have to say was helpful in getting them lined up just right. I use repositionable adhesive for a lot of things, including the letters on my scrapbook pages. Your paper stays stuck unless you try to remove it. That works for me! A 2-inch Chocolate cardstock circle fits just right on the lid. I stamped it with a flourish from Playful Flourishes, sanded the edges and finished it with a couple of flowers. I stamped the bottom flower in Sweet Leaf with a stamp from Playful Petals. My flower center is a large brown brad (non-CTMH). The 3/8-inch natural twill ribbon is stamped with Chocolate and Sweet Leaf, and the tiny card that completes my jar is 1-3/4 inches square. This particular jar is filled with cappuccino mix, although it is my intention to make some homemade bath salts and/or sugar scrub to fill additional jars.

1 comment:

emily anderson said...

ooohhh, i love this jar! what a great christmas gift idea!
thanks for sharing :)
emily