Saturday, November 10, 2007

For a Handful of Jelly Beans

Unless I have to, I almost never leave the house on the weekend. Going out five days a week to work is enough for me. Today, however, I needed jelly beans and gourmet jelly beans at that, which meant a trip to a downtown drug store. These are vials from again Specialty Bottle Supply. While I'd love everyone to think I'm so innovative, I saw the idea before Halloween on Nichole Heady's {capture the moment} blog. I used Sensational Seals stamped on a 1-inch circle for the tops. The holly stamp is from Holly Jolly Season set. I stamped the holly on a 1-1/4 inch circle, colored the image with markers and inked the edges ever so slightly with my Clover Meadow ink pad. I used Liquid Glass to glue my stamped image to the cork. The holly image isn't glued at all. For whatever reason, while I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what I was going to use to adhere that image to the outside of the bottle, I rolled it a bit and slipped it inside the bottle where it holds itself snugly against the glass. I felt like a genius! These are fast, cute and cheap. As the vials are glass, I wouldn't give them to small children, but I can imagine myself dispensing them to co-workers or filling a basket to set next to my door. With regard to the jelly beans, they're good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathi, love these bottles. So cute. I check your site every few days and you've been busy posting! Thanks for sharing your art with us.

Regina
in Virginia