Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Make It Simple

Two of my stamp club members are daycare providers who are always looking for ideas simple enough for little fingers. This is a card that (minus the brads) I might even try with three-year-old Bjorn and two-year-old Mathias. All of the paper strips are 3/4-inch wide scraps - a 4-inch strip for the truck of the tree and 3-1/4, 2-3/4, 2-1/4, and 1-1/2 inch strips for the tree branches. The star was cut with a punch. I've let Bjorn and Mathias stamp once in a while with Grandma's stamps. The trick, I found, was one ink pad and two or three stamps at a time.

Last night, Bjorn came across a roll of tape and was quite intrigued by it. While I probably would have snatched it away from his daddy at three, I didn't have the heart to do so with Bjorn. Instead, I came up with a piece of copy paper and a handful of colorful cardstock scraps, which Bjorn and his little brother used to create a most interesting collage. If I need my tape (if there's any left), I will most likely find it in the pocket of the jeans Bjorn had on yesterday. What is it about a little boy and pockets?

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

What a great idea for little fingers! :0)

EmileeAnn said...

That is a great card for a little one. And I love your tape story! My middle son has become very intrigued with tape as well. He's been through a whole roll in the last month or so. I've told him that I'm going to take his birthday money and buy more!! :-)