Sunday, November 4, 2007

Prototyping

As I was making my way to the bottom of my desk, I came across the tutorial for this pull-up card. In the mood for paper engineering today, I thought I'd give it a whirl. While Amy's tutorial is great, it doesn't appear to include all of the dimensions, so I had to do a little thinking for myself. It worked out fine with the exception that I'm going to adjust the slots so that the pull-up pulls up a little higher on the next card. I'm also going to make certain my stamps are more appropri-ate. The slots are created with Stampin' Up's awesome Word Slot punch, but it if you don't have it, you can easily cut slots with an X-acto knife. The ends don't have to be rounded. Also, the generic term for "Dimensionals" is foam tape. As all of the materials are still out on the my desk, I think I'll try another one of these, making the adjustments I mentioned. This one was my prototype. Later!

No comments: