Sunday, November 4, 2007

Good Morning!

As I was cleaning my stamp desk early this morning, I came across the template for this little box that I printed off a couple of days ago. The dimensions of the box are 2x2x1 inches high. Here's a link to the template: Peek-a-Boo Box. The template is on a Word document that you can save to your My Documents and print at your leisure. The document has two templates on it. A little tip: when you print it, set your printer to the economy mode. It not only saves ink, but you aren't dealing with heavy black lines, which makes for a nicer finished product. I random stamped both sides of my box with stamps from the Sweet Flowers set, using Blush and Hollyhock inks. I stamped the flowers relatively close together and used a sponge dauber with Blush ink to add a little more color. I finished it off with a couple of Hollyhock flowers from the Autumn Daisy collection. Four Hershey Kisses fit inside. However, if I'm going to go to all the work to make a box, I'm going to fill it with chocolate a bit more extravagant than Hershey's Kisses. Jewelry would fit in it, too, as would quite a few other little items. The "window" is covered with a piece of printer transparency. While I don't see myself making these for a big gathering, I can imagine making enough for favors for a small party.

How's everyone doing with the time change? I was up at 4:45 a.m. so I guess I should have pushed myself to stay up a little longer last night. I was more concerned about what time morning would start at Cameron's house and was relieved to here the little munchkins slept until 7. I have a feeling that I am going to require a nap this afternoon, which I should be able to pull off without it interfering with my ability to go to bed tonight. I actually wouldn't mind if my internal clock stayed off kilter enough to have me up at 5:45 so that I could go to work at 7. It would be great during the winter months to be able to leave work at 3:30 and have an hour or so of daylight after I get home. It won't happen, however, because as I'm sure you've figured out by now, I'm a bit of a night owl.

No comments: