Saturday, November 3, 2007

Quick Cricut Card

The mailman brought me the newly released "Joys of the Season" Cricut cartridge, so naturally I had to play a little bit. I already had the "Christmas Cheer" cartridge, so I'm not certain why I bought this one. Chalk it up to a week moment on ebay, I guess. Both cartridges have designs I like and some I'm not so crazy about, so between the two, I have a nice selection. I need to use them, however. Recently, my Cricut has been used almost solely for cutting out scalloped circles, and I need to get back in the scrapbooking mode to justify my investment. The background paper for my card is from the Everlasting paper packet. The cardstock colors are Cranberry and Ponderosa Pine. The words are stamped with Ponderosa Pine on Bamboo cardstock. The two Bamboo cardstock pieces were cut with a Stampin' Up Word Window punch. I also used a Stampin' Up Ticket punch on the corners of the background paper and Cranberry cardstock. The brads that make up the center of my flower are gold.

I'm not sure if I'm going to stamp anymore today or not. Kathi's Corner is currently a disaster with ink pads, paper, and stamp sets covering almost every square inch of work surface, and the rest of my humble abode to use a little attention, too. I'll see how it goes. Later!

No comments: