Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Snowflake Fun

Here are a couple more cards I made tonight with my new Holly set from Impression Obsession. Same sketch. Similar color schemes. Two very unique looks. This top card showcases the Emerging Color technique. A tutorial for this fun technique is available at Splitcoast Stampers. Instead of using a brayer to add color, however, I used sponges and two colors of ink - Heavenly Blue and Amethyst.

The colors I used for the second card are Kraft (Stampin' Up), Petal, and Twilight. The more I use it, the more I'm liking the CTMH White Daisy pigment pad. I think after not working with pigment inks for so long, I'd forgotten how. I did a little paper piercing on this card, too, using the top of a craft jar as a guide to pierce holes around the Petal snowflakes. Both cards feature white grosgrain ribbon and tags cut with a Stampin' Up Round Tab punch. Hard to distinguish in the photos, the brads on the Heavenly Blue/Amethyst card are silver and the Twilight/Petal card brass. I think that about covers it.

It's good to be stamping again. Last night and for the better part of today, I was certain I was coming down with something nasty. My throat and ears kind of hurt; I had the sniffles, and I was freezing to death. I did not want to be at work today but had to be in order to get paid for tomorrow (silly rule). Over the course of the day, I ate most of a roll of Vitamin C tablets, and I was feeling pretty good by the time it was time to go home. I'm glad, because I don't want to miss Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's house tomorrow! To remain at home with nothing more than my green bean casserole (my contribution to tomorrow's meal) would be a bummer. It would be even worse for poor Marv who doesn't eat green been casserole.

1 comment:

EmileeAnn said...

I love the card with the kraft paper! The colors are so pretty and the piercing is a great extra detail. I'm going to have to try that sometime.