Thursday, November 22, 2007

You Tell Me

I saw a blue/green combination on another blog. The trees on that card were more whimsical. The sketch was similar. I decided to give it a whirl, and I'm having a hard time deciding what I think of the results. Heavenly Blue and Ponderosa Pine are, to say the least, a "different" color combination. Of course I didn't have any blue/green background paper so I added some lines to a piece of Heavenly Blue plaid with a Ponderosa Pine marker. Not liking the results, I tried another piece, this time using a stamp from the Ritzy Ribbon set. Better. I also used chiffon ribbon first and then switched to grosgrain. Better. I'm not liking the metal rimmed tag and am wondering if I can take it off without damaging the card. I just found out I can. It's gone. Better. While glitter doesn't photograph well at all, the sparkle from the gel pen sticks out like a sore thumb (funny old saying). In person, the sparkle is more subtle. Better. Like I said, I don't quite know what to make of it. If I make a card I hate, I usually I know it right away. I'll see what I think in the morning.

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

I like it! Very pretty...nice cool colors for a winter/christmas card. :0)

Anonymous said...

I think this and card below are so BEAUTIFUL! thanks for posting!

scrappernic said...

I'm off the computer a few days and girl, you've been busy! I am so in love with all your tree cards! They are GORGEOUS! THis one espcially. I never use my Ritzy Ribbon stamp (mostly because I forget I have it) and you've inspired me to take it out today! I love that this looks like one of those ribbon message boards. Perfect!