Thursday, December 20, 2007

Almost

Today was not a great day, so I shouldn't be surprised that my card didn't turn out just right. My brainchild was to try out the new Create-A-Shade paint. There's nothing wrong with the paint. It's awesome. I just squeezed a little into an empty craft jar, added a drop of Desert Sand reinker, and brushed it on my flowers with a #2 flat paintbrush. With paint left over, I added a couple more drops of reinker and brushed it on to the centers of my flowers for a two-tone look. There's nothing wrong with the flowers. They're pretty.

I like the card design, too. It was a recent Caardvarks' sketch. I used the Creative Basics Silhouette Collection papers along with Desert Sand, Bamboo, and Colonial White cardstocks. The problem is that my flowers and papers don't go together, even though I will have say the card looks much better in person than it does in the photo. The flowers look much pinker in the photo and under my Ott lamp. Under the light of a regular bulb, they're almost OK. On the bright side of things, I can see all sorts of possibilities for the paint, and I'm sure I can find someone who's either colorblind or not as fussy as I am to send the card to.

I wish there was a brighter side to the rest of the day, but as I write this I can't think of one. Because today didn't go well, the next few days are going to be extremely hectic. I'll survive. I always do, and by Christmas, I'll be merry. Because of today, I will have a New Year's resolution or two this year, something I don't usually do. Part of what went wrong today was my fault. The rest was beyond my control. I will resolve to change what I can change and accept the rest. Ah, the Serenity Prayer - great words to live by.

I'm off to bed. I'm going to set my alarm for a ridiculously early hour and hopefully, have it in me to go to work very early. I need to get those eight hours out of the way so that I can concentrate on the tasks at hand. I perform well under pressure, and my mind is already made up - tomorrow is going to be a good day. I hope yours is, too!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Ahhhh Kathi, I'm sorry you had a tough day! I do hope that today and the days leading up to the holiday are brighter for you.

I like the card, and hope it grows on you.

They don't have to be perfect when they are made with love.

Hugs to you!