Sunday, December 16, 2007

Winter Wonderland

When I first looked out the window this morning, it was one of those days when winter is pretty. The trees were frosty, and the snow glistened. I attempted to emulate that look with this card, and in person it's a closer match than it is in the photograph. The flecks you see are glitter, created with CTMH's long discontinued Snowflake Tinsel embossing powder. The tree is from the Build-A-Tree set from Impression Obsession. The background is Crystal Blue, and I tore a piece of white cardstock for the snowy base. To achieve the look of glistening snow, I rubbed my VersaMark pad across the white piece (not too fussy about full coverage) and embossed it again with the Snowflake Tinsel powder. I don't use a lot of black on my cards, and I don't know why, because I really like the contrast. It was certainly the best pick for this card. The rest of the sentiment, from CTMH's Peace on Earth set is "If we live Christmas every day." I can see this same card design used for a "Thinking of You" or "Missing You" card once we're past the holidays. That's it for now. It's time to get back to the tasks at hand. In a recent post, Pammie asked if I was ready for Christmas. My answer is a resounding, "No!" Is anyone ever completely ready for Christmas?

No comments: