Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ahoy, Matey!

Ninety-five percent of what I own and use is Close To My Heart, and because I'm a consultant, it should be that way. However, every once in a while (more frequently these days) I see a product from another company that I cannot resist. The Ahoy, Matey stamp set from Stampin' Up is one of those products. I loved it from the first moment I laid eyes on it and finally made the purchase in December. It's so darned cute, and it's the stamp set I chose to make Bjorn's birthday card. I colored the pirate with markers and a blending pen, and the treasure chest (mounted to the card with foam tape) with mostly just markers. The cardstock colors are Outdoor Denim and Cranberry. I ran the Outdoor Denim cardstock through my Cuttlebug using Mesh Texture embossing folder. The sentiment is mounted with foam tape, too, and as an afterthought I added the square Window Charm.

I'm hoping my card is special enough to be added to the "treasures" Bjorn carries in his backpack these days. Had you asked him a month ago what he wanted for Christmas, his response would have been "a Spiderman backpack." Mathias chimed in that he wanted one, too, and don't you suppose that among the gifts Santa brought were Spiderman backpacks? Bjorn is quite the little "pack rat" these days, placing what he considers his most prized possessions of the day in his backpack and then transporting them between Daddy and Mommy and Grandpa and Grandma's houses. He can pack it away, too. We're often amazed at what he can stuff into a backpack that, when placed on his back, almost tips him over backwards. This is definitely a "phase" that warrants a scrapbook layout!

The theme for the party at Mommy's house tomorrow is Spiderman. Hopefully, my pirate card will be OK. I don't know if any company makes Spiderman stamps, which is OK with me, because I know I wouldn't/couldn't love 'em!

No comments: