Saturday, January 12, 2008

Craving Those Big Pinks!

I've been a regular stamping and posting fool this week, and I love it. The holidays were great, but it's so nice to know what day it is again! With the Christmas decorations put away, our apartment seems huge, too, and that's a nice feeling, albeit temporary, I'm sure.

I appear to be into flowers these days and am chomping at the bit to get my hands on some Just Blooms Big Pinks. In the meanwhile, I had this card in my head and used a couple of Heidi Swapp flowers from a pack I have in my stash. The black background was stamped with a stamp from the Adorable Backgrounds set. I thought I was using CTMH's Clear ink, but instead, it was VersaMark. So much for paying attention to what I'm doing! The flower center is made up of red Sparkles - five large ones in the center, surrounded by a bunch of smaller ones. As for the sentiment, it's from the sheet of Connections Club White Daisy Rub-Ons. I have a confession, too. I'd never used a purchased rub-on before. If all of them apply as easily as this one did, I could use some more! I wonder, too, if this is something we might see more of in the future from Close To My Heart. Were it not for the Sparkles, this would have been a quick card. It would have been had I backed a Circle Window Charm or one of CTMH's new Clear Inspirations Buttons with some bright patterned paper and popped it in the center of the flower.

For now, it's off to bed. It was a busy day today, and tomorrow's going to be another one. Enjoy!

No comments: