Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fun Flourishes

I have to say that I'm fussy about my flourishes. I liked the flourish stamp in the Free Spirit August '07 Stamp of the Month set. I didn't care much at all for the little flourishes in the September '07 SOTM set, Doodle Alphabet, and Playful Flourishes is a set I own but haven't done much with as of yet. I just plain don't like Love Flourishes. However, when I saw Blooming Flourishes in the spring catalog, I knew that it was a set I "had to have."

For this card, I stamped several of the flourish stamps on Colonial White cardstock, using Chocolate Ink. I colored the blooms with Autumn Terracotta and Brown Bag markers. After cutting my piece to fit my Chocolate card base, I used a sponge dauber to distress it a bit with Chocolate ink. The last thing I did was speckle it with Bamboo ink using an old CTMH Speckled Background stamp (I still have my wood-mounted stamp and will never part with it). I stamped the flower from the Blooming Flourishes set and cut it out. It was colored with the Autumn Terracotta marker as well as a blending pen and Autumn Terracotta ink. I didn't like the way the center came out coloring it with a marker so I stamped the flower again on Brown Bag cardstock, cut the center out and adhered it to my flower. The sentiment is stamped with Chocolate ink on a 1-1/4 by 3 inch piece of Colonial White cardstock. I speckled this piece, too, and mounted it on a piece of Autumn Terracotta cardstock. The last thing I did once the card was put together was use my corner rounder to clip off the corners on the right side of the card.

Even with a nap after supper, I'm tired and am going to turn in soon. Bjorn and Mathias are coming to visit tomorrow and spend the night with us, so Grandma had best get some rest. I don't know how much stamping I'll get done tomorrow. We'll see . . . Thanks for stopping, and have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Kathi - I'm the same way with the flourishes - I don't like them all either. Playful Flourishes is actually my favorite, and I love the one that was in the August SOTM as well. The others - not so much, even the new ones.

And I still have that speckled wood stamp myself! LOVE IT! ;)

Jeanne said...

Wow, another beauty! I'm sort of picky about my flourishes as well. Love the Playful Flourishes the best.

Have fun with the boys!