Sunday, January 27, 2008

More Flourishes

Here's another simple card made with the Blooming Flourishes set. The colors are Cranberry, White Daisy, and Black. The coloring was done with a marker. Originally, I reached for a length of black grosgrain ribbon and then changed my mind, opting for the black and white gingham instead. The slot punch I used on the sentiment is from Stampin' Up.

With a card made and posted, I'm going to go prepare for a day with the little boys. Actually, there isn't much to get ready. Having given up on getting things out only to put them away again quite some time ago, our space is always kid-proof. Lunch is ready, too, and I'm sure they will be delighted. We have leftover spaghetti from last night. Bjorn could eat spaghetti three times a day, seven days a week, and Mathias likes it, too. The weather is supposed to be mild today with a high of 29 degrees. Sledding is a possibility if it's not too windy.

Our forecast for this week is interesting. Tomorrow, it's supposed to get up to 31 before diving back into the deep freeze with a high of 8 below forecast for Tuesday. That's typical for a Minnesota winter. Mother Nature teases us once in a while and then clobbers us again. The upside is that once spring arrives, it is deeply appreciated. That's enough jabber for now. Have a great day wherever you are!

2 comments:

Lisa Stenz said...

Kathi, I love these cards and just about everything else that you've been posting lately! How in the world do you find the time????
Hugs,
Lisa

scrappernic said...

OK, I have to laugh because the Blooming Flourish is one I really didn't like in the catty. Now I might have to change my mind. Your cards are GORGEOUS! Love them.