Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Just Right Bright!

The reason I'm in the mood for bright is that it is so winter in Minnesota right now. It is currently 12 below. Tomorrow at noon, it is supposed to be zero (as in no degrees). However, because wind is forecast, it will feel like 16 below. I truly don't mind winter, even when it's bitterly cold, so long as the wind doesn't blow. The forecast for the next week or so is cold and windy. Yuck! I needed to make something bright to remind me that spring will come . . . sooner or later.

My card was made with the A Friend Is . . . stamp set. The colors are Clover Meadow, Star Spangled Blue, and White Daisy. I stamped my image with black ink and then colored it with markers and a blending pen, using ink from my stamp pads. The Cuttlebug embossing folder I used for the green background is Bloom Dots. I matted the primary colors on White Daisy to give them a little more "pop" and outlined the stamped image with a Black My Legacy writer. A Clover Meadow bow, yellow brad flower centers, and a quick "Hi" sentiment complete the card.

As I started my post with a little rant about the weather, I'll end it with a simple "goodnight." I'm sure I'll be stamping again tomorrow night. It's going to be too darned cold to do anything else!!

7 comments:

Stampin n da Hood said...

I'm with you Kathi...when the wind starts a blowin...I just want to stay inside, be warm in my favorite robe and stamp the winter awaaaaay!
Love all your beauties lately!

Jeanne said...

You are SO right about the wind! It wasn't as bitterly cold as MN here, but being in the teens is plenty cold enough. That wind just cuts RIGHT through you!

I love this card! It is just right bright. :o) I love when you (and others) share what you're doing with the Cuttlebug folders...I get so inpired to use them more. Because my brain doesn't think of ways to use things, but I can sure take an idea I see and go with it. :o)

Martha said...

Aw, such a cute card! I spent way too much time yesterday blog searching, and THIS is the exact type of card I was looking for. The brightness and fresh look of Spring is really apparent and reminds me that yes...winter shall pass soon enough. Without a doubt, I'll be copying it (don't have the exact stamp set but I do have those colors!)

Freezin' right with you over here in CO!

Maricar said...

I love the spring feel to this one. I'm in Virginia and we just have icky rain here, but we're warm ...

scrappernic said...

I wouldn't survive 12 below--wind oir no wind--LOL! When my dh was applying to med school years ago, I told him not to bother with anything in MN or Wisconsin cause I wasn't coming with him, except to visit in the spring and fall (I don't do heat and humididty either). Yes, I am a big wimp! I was freezing last night and it was 38.

Anyway, I love the card--so bright and fun.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

So cute...love it!

EmileeAnn said...

Wow! That is so great! Love the happy colors.