Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mixing It Up

I wanted to make some type of floral card with this paper using this particular sketch. I went through all of my stamps and pulled out several possibilities. I considered the rose in the Cherish set and deemed it too "serious" for the whimsical More to Adore paper. I looked at a couple other sets and finally settled on Friendship Flowers. The shape of the flower coordinates with the shapes on the patterned paper, and the stem, if I stamped it in Chocolate, would work with the swirls. Having learned my lesson the other night, I stamped three flowers - Blush ink on Baby Pink, Blush ink on Blush paper and Hollyhock ink on Blush paper. I tried them all on my card and opted for the Blush on Blush flower. I stamped a couple of flower centers, too - a Chocolate polka-dot center and the one I used from the Adorable set, because it ties the flower to the background paper. The sentiment is from the Celebrate Life set. Once the card was assembled, I added the Circle Window Charm to the flower center, and last, because the lower right-hand corner of the stamped image was looking a little bare, a Chocolate paper-pierced corner accent (punched with my Stampin' Up Photo Corners punch). If there's one thing I'm guilty of, it's sticking with one stamp set and not mixing it up enough to get more mileage out of my stamps. Speaking of mixing it up, I've got a mess on my desk to go clean up, and when I'm done, I'm in the mood to stamp something bright . . .

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

ooooohhhhhh love this one, too!

Makes me wish I could fire up the heaters in my craft room and create the day away...

Anonymous said...

I love More to Adore paper pack. Your cards are adorable! Thanks for sharing!