Friday, January 18, 2008

Mixing It Up Again

Greetings from frigid Minnesota where the wind chill temperature is currently 36 degrees below zero.

My card tonight is loosely based on the Weekend Sketch on Beate's Fresh & Fun blog. I say loosely because the sentiment is supposed to be in the lower right-hand corner, which didn't work for this particular card. I'm still into blue and green, using Indian Corn Blue, Outdoor Denim, Olive, Chocolate, and Colonial White cardstock and ink to create this card. The bird (from the Free Spirit stamp set) was embossed using Outdoor Denim embossing powder. The stamps I used for the background, circle elements, and border are from the Goodness of Life set. The sentiment, which I love, is from For Every Occasion. I distressed the edges of the Colonial White pieces with Bamboo and sanded all of the other cardstock pieces. The ribbon is a piece of Stampin' Up's Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon. One last thing, I deemed my bird needed legs which was achieved with a couple of strokes of a My Legacy Writer.

The Free Spirit set was last August's Stamp of the month and as far as I can tell, it has not been added to CTMH's regular line. I resurrected it, because I've been seeing so many cute bird stamps in the blogosphere lately.

I'm hoping to do some stamping this weekend, although it might not be until tomorrow evening again. Bjorn and Mathias are here tonight and are spending the day with us tomorrow. Crayons and Grandma's homemade play dough may be the art mediums of choice while they're here, which will be fun, too. We'll see. Have a great weekend. If you're in a cold place, stay warm, and if you're somewhere warm, know that I'm envious!! Later . . .

No comments: