Sunday, January 27, 2008

Primary (Colors) Valentine

Here's my Valentine's Day card for Mathias. I thought a pocket card would be perfect for the Checklist stamp set. The colors - Cranberry, Moonstruck, Clover Meadow, and Sunflower - are not your typical Valentine's Day hues but just right for a little boy who is still learning his colors. The card is made with paper from the retired Naturals collection. The stamp is one from the Made By Me set. The small words on the tag are from Holiday Words by Stampendous. I made a pocket card before Christmas. The dimensions and scoring instructions can be found here. The patterned paper is from the Route 66 paper packet, and the tab at the top of the insert card was punched with the Round Tab punch by Stampin' Up. The only other thing I can think of is that I used Terrifically Tacky Tape on the sides of the pocket. It's by far the best tape I've found to use when I want assurance that what I stick stays stuck. Looking at my card in the photo, I believe I need to add a red button to the outside flap to finish it.

I think Mathias will like his card. For now, I've got to go get the little monkey into his pajamas, oversee the tooth brushing process, read a book or two, say prayers, and share a dozen or so hugs and kisses! Later!!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

This is adorable and has been marked for "stamplifting." I don't have those exact supplies, but I love the idea of the pocket card.

See Kathi, you do this to me ALL the time! :o)

Thanks for always inspiring me!

Maricar said...

Kathi,
This is just too darn cute. I might try my hand at this, making some Valentines with Silhouette papers. Inspired again. Thank you.
[And thanks for the link to the directions. I didn't start reading your blog until a month or so ago, so I missed that cute holiday card.]

scrappernic said...

Love this! The pocket card is perfect for that stamp set. I'll have to try it. I just got that set and haven't used it yet.