Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Fun Pocket Card

If I haven't said so already, I LOVE Snow Friends, CTMH's November Stamp of the Month. Every stamp in the set is so darned cute. The pocket was created with a 4-1/2 by 11-inch piece of Cranberry cardstock, scored at 1-1/2 and 5-1/2 inches. The patterned paper is from the Fall/Winter Creative Basics paper packet. I used 1/4-inch Terrifically Tacky Tape that I purchased from Dick Blick on the sides of the pocket. The dimensions of the card are 3-1/2 by 4-7/8. As I thought the snowman needed to be white, I paper-pieced him. The coloring was done with markers. I also highlighted the snowflakes with Prisma Glitter, and distressed the card and pocket sentiment with Bamboo ink. The tab on the card was made using a new Stampin' Up punch (I love it!). The Merry Christmas stamp is from a set by Stampendous. I love that little set of stamps, too. Wow! I'm loving everything tonight! Seriously, when I finish a card, I'm usually pretty critical and almost always see something I could of or should have done. I'm happy with this one, however, and may use this design for at least some of my Christmas cards. What a great way to start the week! Have a good one!

No comments: