Sunday, February 3, 2008

It's All About LOVE Countdown - Day 3

My busy weekend has been all about love. First was the wedding of our nephew last evening. The wedding was a relatively intimate affair held at the Plains Art Museum in Fargo, ND. Housed in a turn-of-the-century warehouse, the museum provided a unique background for the exquisite red rose and metallic gold decorations. While very detail was perfect, every morsel of food superb, what was most beautiful of all was watching this couple say the vows I believe will last a lifetime. Today, I attended a shower for my friend and co-worker who adopted a little girl from Guatemala. Daphne, who turned one on January 18, is a beautiful, delightful child. Sharing in Lesley and Mike's adoption process and watching Lesley become a mother was one of the greatest joys I've ever experienced.

If love can be explained, the following words, my quote for today, say it best:

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

The detail that I have yet to mention about yesterday is the fact that we didn't arrive home until after 4 a.m. this morning. Although I've had between five and six hours of sleep, they obviously weren't during the right hours, so I'm dragging as I write this. My card is a simplified version of Beate's Weekend Challenge card made with some new embossing folders I picked up at Michael's yesterday (along with a few other little things that totalled up to an obscene amount of money!). My husband, of course, is watching the Super Bowl. I caught Jordan Sparks' awesome rendition of the Star Spangled Banner and will probably tune the remainder of the football game out. I'll listen to my new Il Divo CD instead and see if I can't catch a second wind and stamp a little more before turning in early.

Materials and Tools: White Daisy regular and textured cardstocks; Retired Warm Classic Background & Texture Paper; Cranberry ink pad; Decorative Hearts Cuttlebug Embossing Folders; Technique Tuesday Words We Love stamp set; ribbon from Michael's.

2 comments:

Pammie said...

Kathy I love these tall cards... inspired to create now! zoom zoom zoom

Jeanne said...

This is another lovely card, Kathi. I really like the embossed hearts with the sentiment stamped inside.

Well done! Hope you catch up on your sleep. :o)