Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Baby Girl

My card was inspired by a couple of very cute cards I spotted on Lisa's Creative Corner in February. The template (along with a lot of other fun templates) can be found here.

For my card, I random stamped a small flower (it could have been smaller) on my cardstock to create pattern, and for the first time, ran a piece of vellum through my Cuttlebug. It turned out kind of cute.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Baby Pink cardstock; Vellum; Baby Pink ink; April Word Puzzle stamp set; Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dot embossing folder; White mini brads; Stampin' Up White Taffeta ribbon; White Uni-Ball Signo pen.

I don't know if I'll use this card for the baby shower on Saturday or save it until the baby is born. An ultrasound has determined that the baby is a girl, but there has been more than one occasion when the test was wrong. A friend from work recently exclaimed, "Whose baby is this?" when given her first grandchild was given to her to hold for the first time. Her "granddaughter" was appropriately wrapped in a blue blanket. Once she got over the shock, she spent the next couple of days converting a very pink nursery into something a little more fitting for the little grandson she adores. It's funny to hear her tell the story . . . now.

The child that is expected in our family will be my mother's third great-grandchild and my sister's first grandchild. I know she's excited, and I'm excited for her. Being a grandparent is a joy I never in my wildest dreams anticipated, but anyone who reads this blog on a regular basis has probably figured that out by now.

Today, was a long day at work. I'm working on a project that is stretching my limits, and I'm to the point that I just want it done. With regard to the home front, all is good. Marv's going to find out tomorrow when he can start cardiac rehabilitation, which will give him a much better idea of how physical he can be. He went on a little trek today with his brother and cousin to look for materials and meet with contractors regarding a new family hunting cabin that is set to be built this spring. He's all excited about it, which is a good thing. I wasn't so excited about it until a friend at work today mentioned that it would be a great place for a scrapping/stamping retreat. Considering how many people it is going to sleep and the floor plan, I think she might just be right. Hmmm . . .

4 comments:

Lisa Stenz said...

Let me be the first to say, "How cute!!" I love the vellum and the cute little apron. I just may have to make more of these...

Jeanne said...

This is adorable! I saw those too, but haven't attempted any. Yours came out great! Love the idea of running the vellum thru the Cuttlebug.

My girlfriend knows what you mean about thinking you are having a girl and then a boy arrives! She was told repeatedly, until 10 days before his arrival that she was having a girl...then HELLO...it's a boy! Talk about a shock for her. Now she has 3 boys. Loves 'em all, but I'll never forget that phone call! LOL

Great project!

Maricar said...

So, when are we meeting at the cabin to scrap?

Maricar said...

Just went to the link for the templates. That is a great site.

Now, if I could just make time to spend creating .... when are we meeting at the cabin????