Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More Baby . . .

This card is not as cute as the one I visualized, and it was supposed to have been unisex. The link for the template can be found in the post below. I cut out a onesie, too, but that one is going to have to wait until another day.

For this card, I cut around the template with a scalloped edge trimmer, a tool with which I never bonded. I also tried out the April Stamp of the Month, Express Postage. It's a fun stamp set that includes multiple sentiments, months, and numbers that will be great for cards and scrapbook pages alike. I was also delighted to find that my 1-13/16th inch circle punch is the perfect size.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Amethyst cardstock; Sweet Pea paper packet; Amethyst and Baby Pink ink pads; Express Postage and April Word Puzzle stamp sets; Scalloped edge trimmer; Cricut w/Mini Monograms cartridge; White mini brads; Yellow mini brad; 3M foam mounting tape; Ribbon from reasonableribbon.com.

This is it for me tonight. I'm off to get a good night's sleep. Thanks for stopping, and have a great day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kariberry said...

Kathi those are just adorable!! I need to try one/two of those.

Jeanne said...

This is cute, too. Scallop edged trimmer? They make those? I've had more luck these days drawing a line where I want the scallops to be and then following the line using my scallop scissors. Still a pain, though.

On a blog I saw, the gal used heart punches lined up on the back-side to make the scallops. Looked cool. Not sure if that would work around the curves though.

Oh listen to me blathering on! Sorry about that.

It IS cute! :o)