Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Card for Spring

This is my card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. The sentiment, by Martin Luther, reads, "God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars." The Stickles on the flowers are so much prettier in person than they are in the photograph.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and New England Ivy cardstock; K&Company Amy Butler Designer Mat Pad; Chocolate, Hydrangea (second generation), and New England Ivy stamp pads; Paper Trey Ink Out on a Limb stamp set and retired CTMH Speckled Background stamp; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up piercing guide and mat; Crystal Stickles; Stampin' Up Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon.

I am so glad I took the time to attend the tonight's musical. It far exceeded my expectations, and I will be attending the final performance on Sunday afternoon as well. It was so well done, and the music was beautiful. Portraying one of the Pharisees, Cameron did not play a "nice guy" by any means, but he played his part well. In the photo, he's in the back row on the right side. He's most anxious to shave off the beard, which was what prompted his dentist to ask him to join the cast. When he committed himself, I thought him a bit crazy, as if working and going to school full-time and caring for two preschoolers isn't enough. Now, I'm glad he did it. He enjoyed participating in community theater when he was much younger, and it's something I think he will enjoy again someday, once he's not so "busy. "

Thank you for stopping. I'll be back with a post or two tomorrow evening when I return from the baby shower. I'm excited to see my family tomorrow. It will be a fun day.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

You are getting some good use from that Amy Butler pad! This card is lovely as well. One of these days I might have to break down and buy Out on a Limb. (Nope haven't done it yet-not sure why).

Congrats to your son and company on the performance. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Have fun at the shower! Had a chuckle when I read your comment this morning! I would NEVER say my card is prettier than another person's. LOL Glad you re-read it and got the right message! :o)