Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Couple of Quick Cards

Here are a couple of quick cards. Both cards were inspired by cards I saw out in the blogosphere, although I can't say where or when - only that it was recent enough that I remember the sketch that inspired the top card and the color combination that was the inspiration for the birthday card.

Prior to making my paper choice for the top card, I'd planned to add some stitching to the patterned paper. However, I wasn't certain that the White Daisy pigment ink wouldn't be a little too thick for stitches. I didn't want to use black on this particular card nor did I think Cranberry stitching would show up. With the white grid pattern of the patterned paper flowing into the white background, I think the card's OK without the stitching. The paper flower was colored with a Buttercup marker, and thankfully, it isn't as bright as the it appears in the photograph.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Breeze cardstock; Cranberry ink pad; Buttercup marker; Let's Get Together paper packet; Impression Obsession Anytime Sentiments stamp set; Just Blooms White Daisy Variety Pack; Red button of unknown origin; White embroidery floss; Glue Dots.

Like I said, my second card began with a color combination. It just kind of evolved from there. I stamped my design and then spied those little colored baubles that I attached with Liquid Glass. From there, the big question was, "Now what?" The decision to add the black ink and mat came last and most likely, made all the different. Simple as it is, it's got that "touch me" quality.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Citrus Leaf, and Black cardstock; Citrus Leaf and Breeze ink pads; CTMH It's a Party and Impression Obsession Sentiments II stamp sets; Stampin' Up Word Window punch; Acrylic Discs from Michael's; Liquid Glass.

I slept for a couple of hours this afternoon and am afraid I may have been wrong about the source of my headache. My legs hurt; my arms ache; my neck is stiff. Everything hurts. Dustin had the flu last weekend, and I fear it might be my turn. A couple of aspirin helped, and they'd best keep helping. I cannot miss any work right now. The last call I received before leaving work on Friday was from the company president. It came on an outside line, so I don't know where in the world he was calling from. It could have been anywhere. He wanted to discuss a project he'd sent me the day before, one that requires a considerable amount of time and one that he wants done pronto. I'll just say that while he is a very nice man, he isn't one I like to keep waiting . Pressure . . . I don't love it anymore like I once did. I'd best get going and do what I need to do for the week ahead. Have a good one!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am really liking these dew drop things I keep seeing all over the place! Nice cards Kathi - as usual!

Maricar said...

You keep using those baubles, making me feel like I *need* some of my own. :)

Jeanne said...

Ohhhhhh Kathi! Love them both, but that second one with the baubles...that one draws me in. It's different and unexpected. The black is the perfect touch. I feel another cardlift coming on....

Now so the first one won't feel all neglected and left out. Love the flowers and the sentiment. It may be simple but it also packs a punch.

Yea, good to see you are feeling a tad better! And I truly hope it isn't the flu!!! Good luck this week!