Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fashion Alert

That title is pretty funny coming from me, but I did read somewhere recently that navy blue is the new black. Of course, that's just when Kathi is getting accustomed to using brown in place of black.

Giving credit where credit is due, my card was inspired by this card on Silke Ledlow's My Life blog. It appears that this card was based on a color challenge that started with a skirt. Anyway, a big fan of any blue/green color combination, I love her card. I love her little pearl accents, too, and as I don't have any, I took a regular hole punch and punched some little circles which I glued on the centers of my flowers and covered with the clear acrylic discs that I can't seem to
leave alone. The fact that I need to go to Denver to replenish my supply when it runs out excites me! Jeanne, we'll have lunch!!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Outdoor Denim, Sweet Leaf, and Breeze cardstock; Outdoor Denim, Sweet Leaf, and Breeze ink pads; CTMH Friendship Blessings and Impression Obsession Anytime Sentiments stamp sets; Hole punch; Acrylic discs from Micheal's; 3M foam mounting tape. I'm kind of excited about the navy thing. It's one of my best colors to wear, and my co-workers tell me it's because of my salt and pepper hair. We'll see if it catches on in the stamping world.

Again, have a great week. I'm feeling a little better tonight, so I'm hopeful that I won't be working my backside off in agony! If, by chance, you don't hear from me for a couple of days, it will more than likely be that I'm doing the overtime thing. Ugh . . .

3 comments:

Maricar said...

Cute card and I, too, like the color combination.

Jeanne said...

I don't follow fashion stuff either, Kathi (and believe me it shows), so I didn't know Navy was the new Black. However, love looking a "new to me" color combos for stamping and this one is a winner!

Ohhhhh lunch! Love it! Can't wait!
:o)

Have a good week and hope to see you post from time to time, although I completely understand when the boss wants to spoil all your fun!

Allison Rankin said...

This is great...and I too am addicted to those acrylic dots!