Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Favorites

As you know, I'm not into heavy metal when it comes to cardmaking or scrapbooking. My use of embellishments is limited either by my lack of creativity or my belief that unless they add something significant to the design, they are unnecessary. I use a lot of brads, and I really like ribbon.

My favorite this week is Stampin' Up's taffeta ribbon. I love the way it looks, and unlike some ribbons, it ties nicely, lays beautifully, and is just plain easy to work with. It's available in eight colors, including the Whisper White, Very Vanilla, and Chocolate Chip shown in the photograph. These are the colors I knew for certain would coordinate with my Close To My Heart papers. Three-eighths of an inch wide, the ribbon is sold in 10 yard spools for $6.95.

While I have not seen taffeta ribbon sold in stores, I will have to add that I've never looked for it. If it's to be found, I would almost think one would find it in the bridal section of a fabric store. In the "old days," taffeta was a very popular fabric for wedding and bridesmaids gowns. Maybe it still is. I don't get married that often . . . Before I get silly, I'll close. As for the ribbon, try it. You'll like it!

No comments: