Friday, April 18, 2008

Comfort

Here's a quick (10 minutes or less) card that, thanks to the partial embossing technique with the Cuttlebug, doesn't look "quick."

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Bamboo, and New England Ivy cardstock; New England Ivy Stamp pad; Clearly Wordsworth Comfort stamp set; New England Ivy Designer Ribbon Rounds (retired); Antiqued Copper brads; Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots embossing folder; Empressor tool and mat.

Because I got up with the birds this morning, I'm tired tonight. I can imagine they'll be singing again tomorrow morning at 5. If the geese don't join them, I might be able to sleep through it. It's not that I don't have an appreciation for the Canada geese - just not at 5 a.m. I have a couple of things going on Sunday. I invited my family for lunch, a "Come, See How We've Grown" party, as no one has seen the little boys since Christmas. There's stamp club, too, on Sunday evening. I have preparations to make for both affairs, so tomorrow will be a busy day. Thanks for stopping. I hope yours is a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kathi... looks like you are in a somber mood - your color choices are very subdued. Love all the cards - very classy looking. I NEED to make time to scrap ......

Jeanne said...

The colors in this card a soothing somehow. The ribbon was a great choice. I'm going to be trying that technique real soon!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find that fabulous stamp set?