Monday, April 14, 2008

Inkspired by Jeanne

I made this card late last night after seeing this card on Jeanne's Creative Bliss blog. I love the simple sketch and had just the paper in mind. What I didn't know was if any of my Close to My Heart papers would be a close enough match to the K&Company papers to make a decent card. With the bulb of my Ott lamp burned out (which I keep forgetting to replace), I couldn't really tell until daylight if the colors worked. Much to my relief, I think they are OK. All of the papers are textured, which is nice, and I was pleased when the fine-print sentiment worked on paper that isn't smooth. The words are favorites, "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world." The center of the paper flower is what's on the reverse side of the featured paper. It's topped with a Circle Window charm. Both the sentiment and flower are mounted with 3M foam mounting tape - a single 1/16th inch thickness for the sentiment and doubled up to an 1/8th inch for the flower. That's what I like about the tape. One can layer it and not have to worry about a mile-high card.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy cardstock for the base and Textured White Daisy, Sweet Leaf, and Twilight for the card front; K&Company Amy Butler Designer Mat Pad; Black ink pad; Papertrey Ink Out on a Limb stamp set; Just Blooms Autumn Sunflower collection; Circle Window Charms; Stampin' Up Whisper White taffeta ribbon; 3M foam mounting tape.

While it may be hard to believe, I have a few chores that have to take precedence over stamping tonight. What a bummer. I hope you have a good evening, and if you're up, you might want to check out Papertrey Inks new release at 11 p.m. EST. As that's 10 o'clock Minnesota time, I might be able to handle that one!

3 comments:

Maricar said...

LOL about the Ott light. The lighting is JUNK in my craft area without my Ott too!

This card is great. I love the colors, and the sentiment goes perfectly with all the posts about grandchildren and family you've been making this week!

Thanks for the reminder about the release today. I'm eager to see what the entire sets look like!

Jeanne said...

I was so caught up in creating and starting over on my digi layout, I completely forgot to check blogs and I even spaced that it was new release time at Papertrey! It's not often that I become THAT absorbed in what I am doing. LOL

This card looks FANTASTIC! Love the colors, love the sentiment, love everything about it.

Did you order anything? I have barely looked at the goodies, but may have to hold off for awhile....

Carolyn said...

Just beautiful! Love that sentiment.