Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Creative Circle Knows No End . . .

Sigh! I can't keep up. Inkspired by this card on Lisa's Creative Corner blog, I came across this card. How darned cute is that?? Then, there's Jeanne at Creative Bliss. She's been on a two-day roll. I want to stamplift every last thing she does. I've got stamp fever and want to call in sick tomorrow, but if I do that I won't have any funds for new stamps. The creative circle (and the wish list) is never ending. What a fun ride!

I will have to say that this stamplifting thing can be gruelling at times. Like Lisa, I wanted to try the partial embossing with a Cuttlebug folder. A well-explained tutorial can be found on Beate's Fresh & Fun blog. I also wanted to play around with my new round Nestabilities. Although not the stamps that Lisa used, I thought I had a small flower bunch. Several of the Solo sets have flower bunch stamps in them, and I tried several, but nothing was quite right. I attempted to make a bouquet with small flowers in the Made By Me set, but I couldn't get the look I wanted. By now, I've got stamps all over the place, and I've reduced myself to six square inches of workspace again on what a few minutes prior had been a clean desk. Giving up on a bunch of flowers, I reached for a favorite single flower from the Simple Blossoms set. So, finally, my card is all ready to be put together . . . and I've misplaced my stamped image. I searched high and low, putting stamp sets, paper, ink pads, and everything else that was out away as I looked for my image. Did I carry it off somewhere? I checked the kitchen and even the bathroom (huh?). I was just about ready to redo it, when I saw it wedged facedown between a couple of acrylic blocks. Have you ever heard the saying, "Organized people are just too lazy to look for it?" Well, it fits me to a tee, and tonight, it was frustrating!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Baby Pink cardstock; Baby Pink, Blush, Sweet Leaf, and Black ink pads; Simple Blossoms and Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages stamp sets; Ribbon from reasonableribbon.com; Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots embossing folder; Nestabilities; Empressor tool and guide; 3M foam mounting tape.

Ah, the weekend is over already. I'd swear the clock moves faster on the weekends. I've got a busy week ahead, which is OK. As always, thanks for stopping by my little corner. I hope your week is a good one, too!

4 comments:

Lisa Stenz said...

You amaze me! Every card that you have posted is nothing less than fantastic!! I absolutely LOVE your version of this card. The Simple Blossoms flower is perfect for this card and the colors are beautiful!

Isn't funny how long it sometimes takes to just find the right stamps to use on one card? And, yes, I have misplaced everything from a stamped image to a stamp itself more times than I care to count. I try to stay organized, but I just don't work in an organized fashion. By the time I am done with one card, my workspace is a disaster! You are not alone. *Ü*

Maricar said...

Kathi,

I loved your creation story. :) It vaguely sounds familiar - although I usually STILL never find the missing item until after it is replaced!

I like the feminine feel to your card. Dainty. Fresh. Spring-y.

Jeanne said...

Oh my gosh! You just described MY craft area! I'm forever "losing" a piece of this or that and frequently only have a 6 inch square area in which to work. I cleaned up yesterday myself and then created and it's right back where it was when I went into the room before cleaning! There really should be a clean up fairy!

All that to say...AWESOME card! I am SOOOOOOOO lifting this one! I actually printed off Lisa's version to work on this weekend, but just didn't quite make it that far. I'm envious that you were patient enough to wait for the Nesties, too! Well worth it, huh?

Okay this is a book. I'll sign off and work on my digi layout....

Sylvia said...

Hi Kathy,

I made my blog and my grandson said it good for a start. LOL I love your card. When I first saw it on Lisa's Creative Corner I thought wow I gotta make that stamp but I don't have a oval scallop punch but I do have a circle scallop so I wondered what it would like with a circle and it looks great. Can hardly wait for my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder to get here. I bought a Cuttlebug a couple of weeks ago but Joann's didn't have any folders so ordered them off the internet.